Steps to ensure the look of a natural looking sunless tan
- Wax or shave 24 hours before tanning.
- Exfoliate 24 hours before tanning to remove any dead skin and unwanted old self tan; you want to tan a fresh skin layer! For best results, exfoliate your entire body with our Prep & Remove™ Glove.
- Apply tanning products on clean skin (have a shower before applying any tanning products)
- Before tanning, apply Barrier Cream to the top & inside of your hands, elbows, knees, top & sides of feet, this will avoid over-tanning those areas.
- Apply one coat of our Self Tanner Mist with our Velour Applicator Mitt in quick circular motions for a streak free tan.
- After you've applied self tanning products, wash your palms & insides of your hands with soap or blend in circular motions with a wet wipe.
- Moisturise daily using a thick moisturiser to prolong your sunless tan. Our Organic Shea Butter is very nourishing to the skin, making it ideal to maintain your sunless tan.
- When outdoors, apply Sunblock to protect your skin against sunburn. Our Self Tanner does not contain sunscreen and does not protect against sunburn.Repeated exposure of unprotected skin while sun tanning may increase the risk of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects to the skin even if you do not burn.
- Heading to a special event? Compliment your tan by adding a beautiful Golden Shimmer to your face & body. Our Luminous Golden Shimmer Gel will literally leave your skin glowing! Its also enriched with Aloe Vera to deeply hydrate your skin.